I want to check out the program Audacity to see how I can use it with adding music to my videos on Windows Movie Maker. I thought this was a good suggestion to help with adding music to the videos.
His suggestion of saving the movies on a USB or CD to be shared was a helpful idea. Ohler talks about using a scanner to put items into your video. I want to give this a try at some point to see how it turns out. Seems like an interesting idea.
Video #6
In our last f2f meeting, I had one idea but it turns out I was not feeling it, so I changed my idea. I am going to do a story about what it is like being a twin. I made a story board using Prezi. I hope to get back some good feedback to help me out. I used Screencast and Prezi
Hi Shannon,
ReplyDeleteI am glad you brought up Ohler's point that stories can be told without all the fancy, expensive equipment that is available. If we needed it then few teachers would be able to use this type of project.
You mention using Audacity. I have been using it this week and have been fairly happy with it. I wish Movie Maker had ways of adding more than on audio at a time because going back and forth was time consuming. However, Audacity worked well.
I am glad you are happier with your DST choice. You sound enthusiastic and I think the enthusiasm will show in your project. As for feedback, I like the idea of using interviews with other twins and your sister. Will you ask the little 5 year olds questions similar to your obstacle questions? You mention people not understanding your need to know what is going on with your sister. Will you include anything specific about that comment? Look forward to seeing it progress.
Phase 1 storyboard complete. Next Phase 2, Preproduction!
ReplyDeleteShannon,
ReplyDeleteI agree that it was nice to hear Ohler say we don't have to have fancy equipment. That is just not an option for me! I also thought it would be nice to have a scanner to allow students to bring in different media from magazines to home photos.
I think your storyboard looks great. I think it'd be neat to show the 5 year olds and you and your sister throughout, rather than just having your sister's interview in the third part. I'm excited to see your final product!
Storyboard feedback: I think you have an interesting project. When I first saw what your topic was I thought "hmm..." how is she going to do that. I like the approach of twins in history, and then the interview with the 5-year-olds and of course your twin. I think it is going to be interesting and something you will want to share with a wider audience.
ReplyDeleteI can tell you have a lot more enthusiasm about this idea, than your first DST plan. Your prezi was a great way to present your idea and you have a very clear flow of information. I would love to hear some historical, cultural legends about twins, I'm sure different cultures had different explanations of why twins happened or what they symbolized. Looking forward to your DST.
ReplyDeleteJulie
Shannon,
ReplyDeleteOhler's recommendation of using a USB/CD to have your movie on hand. It is a good idea especially when you have time to work on something or need someone else's opinions or ideas.
Your video looks like it is well put together and your storyboard is something your were more comfortable with. It'll be interesting to hear more about the information about twins and more of your story.